Nikon AF 20 mm f2.8D Wide Angle Prime Lens
The AF NIKKOR 20mm f/2.8D from Nikon is a compact and lightweight lens designed for landscape, interior, and travel photography. It has an impressively broad field of view and modest f/2.8 maximum aperture which helps achieve a balance between its sleek size and being fast enough for working in low-light conditions. Optics are Super Integrated Coated to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions. Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle prime lens designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture provides flexibility when working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers depth of field control for isolating subjects.
- Super Integrated Coated to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
- Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Close Range Correction system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance of 9.8" to infinity.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)
Picture Angle with 35mm (135) format
Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format
Closest focusing distance
Maximum reproduction ratio
Filter Attachment Size
Dimensions (approx.) (from the camera’s lens mounting flange)
69 x 42.5mm
Supplied Accessories (may differ by country or area)
Front lens cap, Rear lens cap LF-1